A much undervalued skill within the textile industry.
Body linking is the skill in which individual panels are linked together to form the basis of the product. These can range from a simple scarf to a trousers, jackets and the like.
When matching the panels these are linked together on a complett linking machine again matching stitch for point to ensure the products fits correctly.
- Body Linking is a specialist job within the textile industry.
- Trainees will be given learning methods on basic Body Link operations for a production environment – this will give you the start you need to go into the Body Link manufacturing process.
- We cover operating the machinery following health and safety procedures.
- Learn about the various stitch structures which will enable you to start the process of learning how to Body Link.
- Terminology terms are learnt – various lingo being used within the industry.
- Learn about the various types of body shape types used within the industry.
- We focus on quality which is required within the textile industry.
- We get you clued up on the various aspects of normal day life within the textile industry.
- Get used to handling various types of fibres – lambswool – cashmere.
- Qualities required – good hand eye coordination, ability to be able to concentrate
- We are addressing gender imbalance within industry.